The Ross Lab is excited to announce its publication in Genesis, entitled: Generation of a KOR-Cre knocking mouse strain to study cells involved in kappa opioid signaling.
We would like to congratulate Xiaoyun for her hard work generating this new mouse. We are excited to take advantage of this fantastic new tool for research and are enthused by the potential insights that it may provide!
Junichi and Mami are delighted to announce the arrival of a baby sister for Kosuke: Lisa Hachisuka! She looks beautiful! Congratulations, Junichi!
Kosuke, Junichi, Mami, and Lisa
Our recent paper, The transcription factor PRDM8 is required for rod bipolar and type 2 OFF-cone bipolar cell survival and amacrine subtype identity, will be published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
The Ross Laboratory is excited to announce that our lab member, Lindsey Snyder, received the Toni Shippenberg Award for the best pre-doctoral trainee presentation at the Third Conference on the Therapeutic Potential of Kappa Opioids in Pain and Addiction. The Kappa Therapeutic Conference was help April 20-24th in North Carolina. Congratulations Lindsey! We are proud of your continuing achievements and your dedication to science!
On June 11th and 12th, the University of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh Center for Pain Research will host Overcoming Barriers to the Translation of Pain Research! We will have an outstanding line-up of speakers!
- Stephen Arneric – Eil Lilly
- Ashley Blackshaw – Queen Mary University of London
- Timothy Brennan – University of Iowa
- Rohini Kuner – University of Heidelberg
- William Maixner – University of North Carolina
- Patrick Mantyh – University of Arizona
- Michael Morgan – Washington State University
- Timothy Ness – University of Alabama
- Frank Porecca – University of Arizona
- Ke Ren – University of Maryland
- Jürgen Sandkühler – Medical University of Vienna
- Kathleen Sluka – University of Iowa
- Richard Traub – University of Maryland
- Min Zhuo – University of Toronto
This is going to be a great meeting – do not miss it!! Celebrating 10 years of the Pittsburgh Center for Pain Research under the leadership of Dr. Gerald Gebhart